Interview: Mme VANDENBERG
We went to the gymnasium to meet Mrs. Vandenberg, one of the sport teachers in Le Corbusier.
- Hello ! How are you ?
- Fine, thank you ?
- Can we ask you some questions, please ?
- Of course ! So, what do you want to know ?
- Where were you born ?
- I was born in Cognac, in Charentes, on March, the 18th, in 1978.
- Why have you decided to become a P.E teacher?
- I have decided to become a sport teacher, because I was good at sport, there were possibilities to enter in a sport college, and of course because I love children.
- How did you become it ?
- First, I went to the College, where I passed my license. We were a thousand pupils doing the competition. There were only seven hundred places. There were three examinations tests : two were written and one was oral. Moreover, if you were accepted, you had a last examination to see of you are able to be a teacher or not. Then, you are assign to a school (which is most of the time near Paris), where you are inspected during one year. If you have good marks, you start being a sport teacher.
- What qualities are necessary to be a good sport teacher ?
- You need to be sporty, you must have known some failures, you have to like children, and to be able to understand them and their problems.
- Why did you come to Le Corbusier ?
- I went to Le Corbusier because I have done a training period at La Rochelle, and finally, I have been assigned to Le Corbusier. I did not have the choice.
- Did you meet champions in your life ?
- Yes, I met a lot of champions. For example, I met Loïc Lemarrec and Luc Marqué at the College of Poitiers, who are today famous volley-ball players, and I had the luck to meet all of the volley-ball French team.
- Did you play in a particular sport club ?
- Yes, I practised athletics when I was at school. Then, I did dance during eight years, tennis and judo for three years, and ten years of volley-ball.
- What is your favorite sport ?
- The sport I prefer is volley-ball even if I like all the sports, otherwise I would not have be a sport teacher.
- Did you practise sport at high level ?
- Yes, I've been doing athletics when I was young, because I was pretty good. But, once, I hurt myself, and I stopped.
- Which feelings does sport give to you ?
- Sport give me lots of feelings: pleasure, surpassing of myself and of my limits and doing efforts.
- Do you organize sports associations ?
- Yes, I organize the volley-ball association at Le Corbusier as I have to (three hours a week), and because, as I said earlier, volley-ball is one of my favourite sports.
- So, thank you very much !
- You're welcome !
Now, we know a little more about being a sport teacher. We will as soon as possible put the video of the interview on the site, but it will be in French.
See you later !
Julien Crevant, Benjamin de Groot, Xavier Lecerf